- Ian McCall vs John Lineker Official For UFC 183
- UFC Rankings Report: Edgar, Barboza Trending Upward
- Ben Rothwell Tells ‘Brain Damaged’ Alistair Overeem To Stay Out Of The Media
- Alexander Gustafsson & Anthony Johnson Work Out In Sweden
- Quote: Frankie Edgar Outstruck Jose Aldo For Three Rounds
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
UFC on FOX 11: Miesha Tate vs. Liz Carmouche Video Highlights
Nos. 3 and 7-ranked UFC women’s bantamweights Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche were in dire need of a win heading into their co-main event showdown at tonight’s (April 19, 2014) UFC on FOX 11 from the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
Yet to pick up a win in the Octagon, Tate had dropped three out of her previous four bouts and only possessed a single win since July of 2011.
Carmouche hadn’t fared much better in UFC, winning one bout but ultimately dropping two out of three after her most recent loss to current title challenger Alexis Davis at UFC Fight Night 31.
Both former title contenders had their backs against the wall. “Girlrilla” came out strong initially, using effective takedowns on a seemingly slow-starting Tate. But the third round was what ultimately told the story, with Tate surging back to dominate the action on the ground while going for repeated submissions in an attempt to end the fight.
Carmouche’s corner thought she was ahead two rounds to none heading into the final frame, but Tate showed why you could never count on the scorecards. With the win, “Cupcake” keeps herself relevant and should be headed for a big match-up.
Check out the video highlights of her first-ever UFC win courtesy of FOX Sports below: