- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC Fight Night 48: Cung Le – Action Hero
This Saturday (August 23, 2014), UFC middleweight Cung Le will head into the biggest fight of his MMA career when he squares off with The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) winner Michael Bisping in the main event of UFC Fight Night 48 from CotaiArena in Macau, China.
Still fighting at a high level at 42 years old, former Strikeforce champion Le has mixed his time between acting and fighting the last few years. Using his ultra-exciting Sanshou style, Le has appeared in several martial arts films.
In an interview with the UFC’s Ultimate Insider, Le recounts how his action film experience has spilled over into his real-life fights, better preparing him to take on the tall challenge of Bisping this weekend:
Many questions remain about Bisping, who came back to lose a grinding decision to Tim Kennedy in a trash-talked fuel bout that failed to deliver in the main event of April’s TUF Nations Finale from Quebec. “The Count” admitted that he rushed back into action too soon after surgery for a detached retina.
He’ll return to the Octagon against an opponent with a striking style tailor-made for an exciting bout with Bisping’s point-based kickboxing. This fight should take place mainly on the feet, as both fighters love to put on a show for their fans.
But with his last action a scintillating first round knockout of Rich Franklin at the very first UFC Macao in 2012, Le has been out of action even longer than Bisping. Can the dynamic striker send Bisping further down the crowded UFC 185-pound ranks?