- St-Pierre: Diaz Made Mistake Taking Silva Fight
- Ben Henderson vs Eddie Alvarez Added To Boston Card
- Anderson Silva & Shogun Rua Announced As TUF Brazil 4 Coaches
- Jimi Manuwa Injured, Ovince St. Preux To Fight Shogun
- Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano Moved To UFC 184 Co-Main Event
- Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury Official For UFC Fight Night 59, Moved To UFC 182
UFC Fight Night 47 Post-Fight Bonuses: Boetsch, Tavares, Jouban, & Baczynski Bank $50,000
UFC Fight Night 47 is in the books from the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor, Maine, and what a night it was. The card featured two exciting come-from-behind finishes with the first one, a welterweight bout between veteran Seth Baczynski and debuting Alan Jouban earning “Fight of the Night.”
At tonight’s UFC FIght Night 47 post-fight presser, UFC President Dana White announced that each fighter took home $50,000 for his part in the bout, which saw Jouban wobbled by a big shot only to rebound and knock Baczynski out with a thunderous left hook to explode onto the UFC scene.
The next comeback was an even more dramatic one, as Maine native Tim Boetsch, who apparently has a flair for pulling off improbable knockouts in fights he was losing, blasted Brad Tavares after being cut open and largely dominated throughout the early stages of the bout. “The Boetsch” earn one of the night’s $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonuses.
The final “Performance of the Night” bonus went to Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Thiago Tavares, who returned from a nine-month hiatus to submit Robbie Peralta in his featherweight debut.
Photo: Gregory Fisher for USA TODAY Sports