- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- Surprise! Aldo & McGregor Hurl PED Accusations At One Another
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Chico Camus Rumored Opponent
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
UFC Fight Night 47 Post-Fight Bonuses: Boetsch, Tavares, Jouban, & Baczynski Bank $50,000
UFC Fight Night 47 is in the books from the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor, Maine, and what a night it was. The card featured two exciting come-from-behind finishes with the first one, a welterweight bout between veteran Seth Baczynski and debuting Alan Jouban earning “Fight of the Night.”
At tonight’s UFC FIght Night 47 post-fight presser, UFC President Dana White announced that each fighter took home $50,000 for his part in the bout, which saw Jouban wobbled by a big shot only to rebound and knock Baczynski out with a thunderous left hook to explode onto the UFC scene.
The next comeback was an even more dramatic one, as Maine native Tim Boetsch, who apparently has a flair for pulling off improbable knockouts in fights he was losing, blasted Brad Tavares after being cut open and largely dominated throughout the early stages of the bout. “The Boetsch” earn one of the night’s $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonuses.
The final “Performance of the Night” bonus went to Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Thiago Tavares, who returned from a nine-month hiatus to submit Robbie Peralta in his featherweight debut.
Photo: Gregory Fisher for USA TODAY Sports