- UFC 183: Anderson Silva Open Workout Highlights & Media Scrum
- Lorenzo Fertitta Guarantees CM Punk’s First Opponent Will Be ‘Competitive’
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Patrick Cummins Added To UFC on FOX 15
- Update: Nick Diaz No-Shows UFC 183 Open Workouts, But Is Now In Las Vegas
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson Targeted For May
UFC Fight Night 47 Draws 5,329 Fans For $321,470 Live Gate
UFC Fight Night 47 went down last night (Saturday, August 16,2014), and the fans present in the Cross Insurance Center, Bangor, Maine were treated to a main card full of exciting finishes. The promotion’s first trip to Dana White’s home state seems to have been quite a success, with a thoroughly entertaining main card featuring individual comebacks by Tim Boetsch and Alan Jouban.
Drawing a crowd of 5,329 for a live gate of $321,470, the ‘Pine Tree State’ didn’t exactly hit anywhere near the 17,000 benchmark to make it in to the top 10 biggest attendance list, and only just did half of the predecessor. Of course the card lacked any ‘big names’, and UFC Fight Night 46, which did some 9,500 featured plenty of local talent.
Obviously these figures would never hold a flame to the PPV cards, and in an odd twist, the Fight Night and Fight Pass series of events have turned out some seriously solid scraps. Dublin aside, these events are often the hardest to sell tickets for. Perhaps if Tim Sylvia were present then the numbers may have been a little better? No, just kidding.