- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- UFC on FOX 15 Q&A With Frankie Edgar Live Now
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Phil Davis Reveals UFC Refused To Match Bellator’s Offer
- No Bad Blood? Felice Herrig & Paige VanZant Separated During Staredown
- Bobby Green To Anthony Pettis: ‘You Did Nothing Wrong, You Got Played Bro’
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
UFC Fight Night 47 Draws 5,329 Fans For $321,470 Live Gate
UFC Fight Night 47 went down last night (Saturday, August 16,2014), and the fans present in the Cross Insurance Center, Bangor, Maine were treated to a main card full of exciting finishes. The promotion’s first trip to Dana White’s home state seems to have been quite a success, with a thoroughly entertaining main card featuring individual comebacks by Tim Boetsch and Alan Jouban.
Drawing a crowd of 5,329 for a live gate of $321,470, the ‘Pine Tree State’ didn’t exactly hit anywhere near the 17,000 benchmark to make it in to the top 10 biggest attendance list, and only just did half of the predecessor. Of course the card lacked any ‘big names’, and UFC Fight Night 46, which did some 9,500 featured plenty of local talent.
Obviously these figures would never hold a flame to the PPV cards, and in an odd twist, the Fight Night and Fight Pass series of events have turned out some seriously solid scraps. Dublin aside, these events are often the hardest to sell tickets for. Perhaps if Tim Sylvia were present then the numbers may have been a little better? No, just kidding.