- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
- UFC ‘Welcome To The Show’ Press Conference: ATT vs. Blackzilians TUF Announced
- Video: Jon Jones & Anthony Johnson Prank Dana White With Fake Brawl
- UFC 184 Preliminary Card Results: Carneiro Wrecks Munoz
UFC Fight Night 47 Draws 5,329 Fans For $321,470 Live Gate
UFC Fight Night 47 went down last night (Saturday, August 16,2014), and the fans present in the Cross Insurance Center, Bangor, Maine were treated to a main card full of exciting finishes. The promotion’s first trip to Dana White’s home state seems to have been quite a success, with a thoroughly entertaining main card featuring individual comebacks by Tim Boetsch and Alan Jouban.
Drawing a crowd of 5,329 for a live gate of $321,470, the ‘Pine Tree State’ didn’t exactly hit anywhere near the 17,000 benchmark to make it in to the top 10 biggest attendance list, and only just did half of the predecessor. Of course the card lacked any ‘big names’, and UFC Fight Night 46, which did some 9,500 featured plenty of local talent.
Obviously these figures would never hold a flame to the PPV cards, and in an odd twist, the Fight Night and Fight Pass series of events have turned out some seriously solid scraps. Dublin aside, these events are often the hardest to sell tickets for. Perhaps if Tim Sylvia were present then the numbers may have been a little better? No, just kidding.