- Ben Rothwell Tells ‘Brain Damaged’ Alistair Overeem To Stay Out Of The Media
- Alexander Gustafsson & Anthony Johnson Work Out In Sweden
- Quote: Frankie Edgar Outstruck Jose Aldo For Three Rounds
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
UFC Fight Night 46 Bonuses: Conor McGregor Banks $50,000 For First Round Knockout
UFC Fight Night (UFN) 46: McGregor vs. Brandao was an incredible card to say the least and the biggest star of the Dublin (July 19, 2014) event had to be Ireland’s own Conor McGregor.
The No. 13 ranked featherweight put away Diego Brandao at the 4:05 mark of the first round by way of TKO and made it all look effortless. He walked Brandao down and delivered a beating that is sure to send shockwaves through the 145 pound weight class.
The attending audience for the evening was 9,500, with a paid gate of 1.4 million dollars
The night’s trio of $50,000 award bonuses went to Conor McGregor, Gunnar Nelson, Cathal Pendred, and Mike King.
McGregor and Nelson took the Performance-of-the-Night awards, with “Notorious” taking his 50K for his win over Brandao, while Nelson took home his financial windfall for his masterful performance, and second round submission win over Zak Cummings.
The Fight-of-the-Night bonus went to Cathal Pendred and Mike King. Pendred took early punishment in round one and two and looked to be on defeats door; however, Pendred rallied, pulling out a rear-naked choke deep into the second round.