- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets Tweet’s Salary x 15
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
UFC Fight Night 45 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cerrone, Martins Score $50,000 For Knockouts
Tonight’s (Wed., July 16, 2014) UFC Fight Night 45 delivered an insane night of fights for the fans at Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Donald Cerrone picked up what may have been his biggest win ever, destroying No. 7-ranked Jim Miller with a second round headkick in the main event.
For his efforts, Cerrone earned his twelfth WEC/UFC finish, setting a record and earning him $50,000 for one of the “Performance of the Night” bonuses.
The other “Performance of the Night” went to rising featherweight Lucas Martins, who outclassed Alex White on the main card to drop him with a vicious straight right hand before finishing it with some heavy ground shots.
“Fight of the Night” deservedly went to the John Lineker vs. Alptekin Ozkilic flyweight scrap, a bout where “Hands of Stone” won his first bout in the United States after finally making weight. Ozkilic was a game opponent, but ultimately succumbed to a late third round onslaught.