- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
UFC Fight Night 40 Prelims Results: Johnny Eduardo Scores Huge Upset Against Eddie Wineland
UFC Fight Night 40 is underway in Cincinnati, Ohio, and the preliminary card has provided some exciting fights and finishes. First up on the card Albert Tumenov vs. Anthony Lapsley in a welterweight affair. ‘The Recipe’ got outgunned by ‘Einstein’, as Tumenov scored a sweet counter-left that put Lapsley’s lights out for the round one KO.
Lightweights Justin Salas and Ben Wall went at it in the evening’s second scrap, and it was another first round knockout. Salas landed a huge right hook left hand combo followed by punches on the mat for a first round finish. Last bout on the fight pass prelims was a featherweight tilt between Manny Gamburyan and Nik Lentz.
The 145-pounders put on a gritty affair over three rounds, but it was ultimately Nik Lentz that walked away with the decision. On to the Fox Sports 2 preliminary card, and Johnny Eduardo vs. Eddie Wineland is up first. Eduardo put the bantamweight division on notice by knocking out the #4 Wineland with two humungous right hands in round one. What a great finish.
Welterweights Zak Cummings and Yan Cabral threw down next, with the Brazilians undefeated record he was the bookies favourite, but Cummings had other ideas; he dominated the striking and even looked great on the mat against the grappling ace. Cummings wins the UD. Flyweights now, and Kyoji Horiguchi is up against Darrell Montague.
Wow, Horiguchi might be the fastest fighter I’ve ever seen; he used his karate timing and rapid strikes to rock Montague real bad in the second, and the third was a great display from both warriors. Horiguchi takes the UD. Last fight on my shift is Rafael Natal vs. Ed Herman at 185 pounds, in a fairly contested three round battle. Herman won a decision in the end. Bring on the main card!!
Fox Sports 2 prelims
Ed Herman def. Rafael Natal by unanimous decision
Kyoji Horiguchi def. Darrell Montague by unanimous decision
Zak Cummings def. Yan Cabral by unanimous decision
Johnny Eduardo def. Eddie Wineland by KO (punches) round one
Fight pass prelims
Nik Lentz def. Manny Gamburyan by unanimous decision
Justin Salas def. Ben Wall by KO (punches) round one
Albert Tumenov def. Anthony Lapsley by KO (left hook) round one