- Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier: Bad Blood And Countdown To UFC 182
- Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson Official For UFC Fight Night 61 Co-Main Event
- Rampage Jackson’s ‘Crazy’ Bellator Deal Included Reality TV Show, Movie Deal
- Gray Maynard Confirms New Deal With The UFC, Eyes March Return
- UFC vs Bellator? Jose Aldo & Patricio Freire Ponder Fighting
- Don Frye On UFC Lawsuit: They’re Going To Take Their Check And Run
- LowKickMMA’s Fight Of The Year 2014 – Aldo vs Mendes 2
- UFC Fight Pass Subscribers’ Personal Information Potentially Released By Hackers
- Report: Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC After Wrestlemania
UFC Fight Night 40 Post-Fight Bonuses & Gate: Matt Brown Banks $100,000 In Cincinnati
UFC Fight Night 40 delivered an insane night of fights tonight (Sat., May 10, 2014) from the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. With an unprecedented nine wins by underdogs and seven knockout finishes, the card had numerous impressive showings from a wide range of fighters.
But none was more scintillating than the evening’s main event, a rousing three round contest between hometown favorite Matt brown and touted prospect Erick Silva. After getting rocked by several hard body shots in the first round, Brown persevered to unleash a vicious torrent of Muay Thai to score a huge third round finish.
The efforts not surprisingly earned Brown and Silva $50,000 apiece for “Fight of the Night” as reported at the UFC Fight Night 40 post-fight press conference.
Brown also earned one of the two “Performance of the Night” bonuses for his incredible seventh straight win in the ultra-talented UFC welterweight division.
Johnny Eduardo earned the card’s final “Performance of the Night” bonus with his out-of-nowhere upset knockout of No. 4-ranked bantamweight Eddie Wineland.
On a night like this, it’s unfortunate that there weren’t more bonuses to go around.
The event, which was the UFC’s first return to Cincinnati since 2007, drew a reported attendance of 6,143 fans for an announced gate of $415,000.