- Who Will Be UFC Bantamweight Champion At The End Of 2015?
- UFC 181 Extended Video Preview
- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
UFC Fight Night 39 Post-Fight Bonuses: Nelson, Guida, Kawajiri, & Nijem Bank $50,000
Today’s (April 11, 2014) UFC Fight Night 39 from the DU Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates continued the trend of excellent cards airing on UFC Fight Pass. The main card delivered a well rounded mix of action capped off by heavyweight Roy Nelson’s amazing walk-off knockout of former Pride and UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
Not surprisingly, “Big Country” took home the evening’s first $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his one-punch defeat of “Minotauro,” announced at today’s UFC Fight Night 39 post-fight presser.
Top 15-ranked featherweights Clay Guida and Tatsuya Kawajiri deservedly took home $50,000 apiece for “Fight of the Night.” The co-main event was a back-and-forth war that saw a return of the Guida of old as “The Carpenter” utilized his trademark frenetic pace to best a very tough Kawajiri in the grappling department.
Rounding out the bonuses, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 13 veteran Ramsey Nijem picked up $50,000 for his convincing first round finish of previously undefeated challenger Beneil Dariush.
Photo: David Banks for USA TODAY Sports