- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Scorecard & Punch Statistics
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Highlights
- Floyd Mayweather Defeats Manny Pacquiao To Unify Belts
- Cast Your Vote For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!
- Jorge Masvidal Planning Move Back To Welterweight
- Roy Jones Jr.: Win Or Lose, Mayweather Is Not The Greatest Of All-Time
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Get Immediate Title Shot If He Returns?
- Nick Diaz Passed Two Drug Tests On The Same Night He Failed One
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC Fight Night 39 Post-Fight Bonuses: Nelson, Guida, Kawajiri, & Nijem Bank $50,000
Today’s (April 11, 2014) UFC Fight Night 39 from the DU Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates continued the trend of excellent cards airing on UFC Fight Pass. The main card delivered a well rounded mix of action capped off by heavyweight Roy Nelson’s amazing walk-off knockout of former Pride and UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
Not surprisingly, “Big Country” took home the evening’s first $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his one-punch defeat of “Minotauro,” announced at today’s UFC Fight Night 39 post-fight presser.
Top 15-ranked featherweights Clay Guida and Tatsuya Kawajiri deservedly took home $50,000 apiece for “Fight of the Night.” The co-main event was a back-and-forth war that saw a return of the Guida of old as “The Carpenter” utilized his trademark frenetic pace to best a very tough Kawajiri in the grappling department.
Rounding out the bonuses, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 13 veteran Ramsey Nijem picked up $50,000 for his convincing first round finish of previously undefeated challenger Beneil Dariush.
Photo: David Banks for USA TODAY Sports