- Fabricio Werdum Thinks Mexico’s Altitude Gives Him An Advantage Over Mark Hunt
- Bellator 127: Four Fighters Fail Drug Tests
- Chael Sonnen Turned Down $5 Million WWE Contract To Stay In UFC
- Michael Bisping Says Vitor Belfort Will Be Slow Minus TRT
- Ronda Rousey Topless Photo Shoot Video
- Khabib Nurmagomedov: Anthony Pettis Isn’t A True Champ
UFC Fight Night 38 Post-Fight Bonuses: Dan Henderson Banks Big With $100,000
UFC Fight Night 38 is in the books from Ginasio Nelio Dias in Natal, Brazil, and the vent has delivered a hard-hitting night of fights for the passionate Brazilian MMA fans.
The card featured seven total finishes, but none was more emphatic than Dan Henderson’s epic come-from-behind knockout victory over Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. “Hendo” took home $50,000 for one of the evening’s “Performance of the Night” bonuses, announced at the event’s post-fight press conference.
Henderson and Rua also received $50,000 each for their part in the event’s “Fight of the Night.” And deservedly so, as their rematch somehow delivered on the hype and expectation of their 2011 “Fight of the Year”-winning classic at UFC 139.
It’s tough to focus on anything but Henderson’s performance and the main event as whole, but former TUF: Brazil competitor Godofredo Pepey scored the other $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his incredible flying knee knockout over Noad Lahat.
All in all, it was an awesome event that may have delivered the hardest-hitting event of the year for the UFC, something that the promotion badly needed.