- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
UFC Fight Night 38 Post-Fight Bonuses: Dan Henderson Banks Big With $100,000
UFC Fight Night 38 is in the books from Ginasio Nelio Dias in Natal, Brazil, and the vent has delivered a hard-hitting night of fights for the passionate Brazilian MMA fans.
The card featured seven total finishes, but none was more emphatic than Dan Henderson’s epic come-from-behind knockout victory over Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. “Hendo” took home $50,000 for one of the evening’s “Performance of the Night” bonuses, announced at the event’s post-fight press conference.
Henderson and Rua also received $50,000 each for their part in the event’s “Fight of the Night.” And deservedly so, as their rematch somehow delivered on the hype and expectation of their 2011 “Fight of the Year”-winning classic at UFC 139.
It’s tough to focus on anything but Henderson’s performance and the main event as whole, but former TUF: Brazil competitor Godofredo Pepey scored the other $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his incredible flying knee knockout over Noad Lahat.
All in all, it was an awesome event that may have delivered the hardest-hitting event of the year for the UFC, something that the promotion badly needed.