- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
UFC Fight Night 36: Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi Fight Video Highlights
It was a battle of two highly technical strikers at UFC Fight Night 36’s main event between Lyoto Machida and Gegard Mousasi. Their “Fight of the Night”-winning affair saw Machida land a wide range of quick, punishing karate strikes to stake his claim for a coveted UFC middleweight title shot.
For his efforts, Mousasi was able to land some good shots but just couldn’t beat Machida to the punch. He looked lackadaisical at times, and one has to wonder if facing a fighter like Machida was a bad decision coming off of ACL surgery. In any case, kudos to Mousasi for being a game fighter.
Machida may just be ready for a 185-pound title shot, but he apparently hurt his foot kicking Mousasi in the third round. More on that situation as it develops.
in the meantime, check out the Machida vs. Mousasi fight video highights, courtesy of FOX Sports: