- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threats Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
- Where Does Lyoto Machida Go With A Win At UFC Fight Night 58?
- CM Punk Responds To Matt Brown: I Understand Your Point Of View
- UFC 182: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Extended Preview
- Poll: Do UFC Fighters Deserve Better Pay And Conditions?
- Jon Fitch, Nate Quarry & Cung Le Among Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- LowKick MMA Is Looking For New Writers – Come Join Our Team!
UFC Fight Night 35 Main Event Set With Costa Philippou vs. Luke Rockhold
The UFC has its main event booked for their upcoming Fight Night 35 card in Atlanta, Georgia. Middleweight contenders Luke Rockhold and Costa Philippou will headline the January 15th event, in what is scheduled to be a five round fight. The top ten middleweight’s are both looking to get back in the win column after each suffering a loss in their last fights.
Philippou is coming off a one sided loss to Francis Carmont at UFC 165. Prior to the fight with Carmont, the number 9th ranked middleweight, was on a five fight winning and was in title contention. The Cypriot fighter is 5-2 in his UFC career, with wins over the likes of Court McGee, Riki Fukuda and Tim Boetsch.
Former Strikeforce middleweight champion, Rockhold, will be looking to get his first win inside the octagon. Rockhold suffered the second loss of his career in his UFC debut against Vitor Belfort back in May this year. Before coming to the UFC the number 6th ranked fighter was on a nine fight winning streak, which included him winning the Strikeforce title and defending the belt twice.
The fight should be a competitive affair as both men are in need of a win. A victory in Georgia will move the victor closer to a title shot at 185lbs. While the loser could find himself falling outside of the top ten with a loss.
Other fights currently booked for the card are: T.J Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton and Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia. The “Fight Night” card will be aired live on Fox Sports 1 from the Arena at Gwinnett Center. What do you think of the main card booking? Are Rockhold and Philippou worthy of the main event spot?