- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets Tweet’s Salary x 15
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
UFC Fight Night 32: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Dan Henderson With Yet Another Headkick
History has been made at UFC Fight Night 32 in Goiania, Brazil as the surging Vitor Belfort has done what no other MMA fighter has been able to accomplish by knocking out Dan Henderson in the first round of their main event bout.
A middleweight title shot was on the line for Belfort, and he capitalized upon that chance by keeping his impressive win streak alive. Many people have criticized Belfort for his use of TRT, but regardless of the morality of his actions, he’s looking to be in the best shape of his lengthy career by far.
The fight started out tentatively, with both fighters looking to find their range. But it soon erupted, a Belfort rocked Henderson dropped him with a counter left hook and swarmed him on the ground. After some punches, “The Phenom” stood up to unleash one his lethal headkicks to put “Hendo” out.
It was quite the spectacular way for Henderson to lose his first bout by (T)KO, and Belfort indeed deserves his title shot, and he’ll be a tough challenge for either Chris Weidman or Anderson Silva.
What is your take on “The Phenom’s” big win?