- Henderson vs. Boetsch Headlines UFC Fight Night 68 With Bader Off Card
- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
UFC Fight Night 32: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Dan Henderson With Yet Another Headkick
History has been made at UFC Fight Night 32 in Goiania, Brazil as the surging Vitor Belfort has done what no other MMA fighter has been able to accomplish by knocking out Dan Henderson in the first round of their main event bout.
A middleweight title shot was on the line for Belfort, and he capitalized upon that chance by keeping his impressive win streak alive. Many people have criticized Belfort for his use of TRT, but regardless of the morality of his actions, he’s looking to be in the best shape of his lengthy career by far.
The fight started out tentatively, with both fighters looking to find their range. But it soon erupted, a Belfort rocked Henderson dropped him with a counter left hook and swarmed him on the ground. After some punches, “The Phenom” stood up to unleash one his lethal headkicks to put “Hendo” out.
It was quite the spectacular way for Henderson to lose his first bout by (T)KO, and Belfort indeed deserves his title shot, and he’ll be a tough challenge for either Chris Weidman or Anderson Silva.
What is your take on “The Phenom’s” big win?