- Jose Aldo: I Hope Conor McGregor’s Next, Because It Would Be A Huge Fight
- UFC Fight Night 58 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Lyoto Machida Wants Jacare Souza After He Knocks out Dollaway
- Video: Watch CM Punk’s Heated Interview With Michael Landsberg
- UFC Fight Night 58 Weigh-In Results: Barao On Point, Cummins Overweight
- UFC Fight Night 58 Open Workouts: Machida & Dollaway Hit The Pads
- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
UFC Actually Suspends Dan Hardy, Not CSAC
Originally it was learned that the California State Athletic Commission had denied Welterweight contender Dan Hardy from fighting on UFC On Fox 7, this upcoming Saturday but it appears to be initiated by The UFC. The toe-to-toe slugger Hardy was recently diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, a rare heart disorder that sends extra electricity through the heart upon its second beat. In mild cases, it causes a rapid heart beat and heart palpitations, but in extreme cases can cause sudden cardiac arrest. Surgery can be successful but Hardy has decided against it.
Initially CSAC Administrator Shilo Wilson said she received Hardy’s physical, neurological exam and MRI, however, she received an email from the UFC that stated the fighter had been pulled from the card “due to medical injury.”
Hardy was quoted as saying, “”They could schedule me for a surgery within the next couple of days after my appointment, and I could go in, and they could put tubes up the insides of my legs and into my neck and see if they could find the extra electrical impulse, and if they could fix it, then I’d be out for a week…..Which immediately to me said, ‘So, you want me to have the surgery, and then take a week off and then train for a week, and fly out for the fight?’ It just didn’t make sense. It wouldn’t have happened.”
He continued, “I’ve been in the trenches, and I’ve never had any problems….I don’t see any reason why [the UFC] wouldn’t use me, but obviously, the decision is out of my hands.”
It looks like The UFC is playing it safe with Hardy and will not be awaiting the CSAC’s decision.