- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
UFC 173 Post-Fight Bonuses, Attendance, & Gate: Dillashaw Banks Double Bonus For Title Win
UFC 173 featured an exciting night of excellent fights from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
UFC president Dana White just announced the post-fight bonuses at the UFC 173 post-fight press conference.
Not surprisingly, newly minted bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw has scored a double bonus of $100,000 for his “Performance of the Night” and “Fight of the Night”-winning upset of formerly dominant champion Renan Barao in the card’s main event.
Barao ate a ton of power shots and was surprised by Dillashaw’s movement and striking in his first loss since 2005, so his $50,000 bonus will hardly serve as a consolation prize.
Mitch Clarke took home the other $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his second round submission upset over TUF veteran Al Iaquinta.
Clarke was labeled as high as a 5-to-1 underdog against Iaquinta, following in the footsteps of upset-minded Dillashaw, who was one of the biggest underdogs to ever take home UFC gold in a match that will certainly go down as one of the greatest in UFC history.
The event drew a reported attendance of 11,036 for a live gate of $1.7 million.
Photo: Stephen R. Sylvanie for USA TODAY Sports