- Joe Rogan’s Ultimate 8 Jose Aldo Moments
- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
UFC 171 Live Gate & Attendance
UFC 171 is in the books from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, and the a reported attendance of 19,324 showed up to witness hometown favorite Johny Hendricks win the welterweight title belt many thought was already his by defeating a very tough Robbie Lawler in a five round war.
In the co-main event, former UFC interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit saw an other wise exciting bout with Tyron Woodley end in horrible fashion when he badly injured his knee on a second round takedown from “The Chosen One.”
UFC President Dana White was on hand to announce the numbers at tonight’s UFC 171 post-fight press conference.
The event’s live gate initially came in at $2.6 million. The figures will be verified by the Texas Board of Licensing and Regulation in the coming weeks.
All in all, the event was considered a success for the UFC’s return to Texas, outdrawing the previous event at American Airlines Arena, UFC 103, which drew 17,428 fans for a reported gate of $2.4 million.