- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Junior Dos Santos: Alistair Overeem Isn’t As Buff As He Was Before
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
UFC 171 Bonuses: $50,000 Awarded To Hendricks, Lawler, OSP & Bermudez
It was a heck of a night of fights. If watched, fans know that UFC 171, as from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, delivered tonight.
Of the thirteen fights presented on the card, they all, for the most part delivered.
The gem of the night had to be the top of the card; Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler.
The pair went toe-to-toe seeking the welterweight title. By night’s end, and when the smoke and dust had settled, it was Hendricks that had claimed George St. Pierre’s vacated throne.
For their efforts, the heroes of the evening were awarded 50K bonuses.
As recognized and awarded for the efforts, the winners of the night’s Fight-of-the-Night and Performance-of-the-Night awards are as follows:
Fight-of-the-Night went to Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler for their five rounds or welterweight championship warfare.
Performance-of-the-Night #1 went to Ovince St. Preux for his masterful – no one even knew he was submitting him – shoulder-choke of Nikita Krylov.
Performance-of-the-Night # 2 went to Dennis Bermudez for his brilliant, and well thought out round three TKO finish, of Jim Hettes.