- Roy Nelson Jokes He’ll Model ‘Butt Hurt’ Velasquez With ‘White Pride’ Tattoo
- Report: Mark Hunt Currently 19 Pounds Over Heavyweight Limit
- Travis Browne Leaves Jackson’s MMA For Glendale Training Center
- UFC Fight Night 52 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- Gilbert Melendez & Eddie Alvarez Trade Barbs
- Alistair Overeem vs Stefan Struve Booked For UFC On FOX 13
UFC 171 Bonuses: $50,000 Awarded To Hendricks, Lawler, OSP & Bermudez
It was a heck of a night of fights. If watched, fans know that UFC 171, as from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, delivered tonight.
Of the thirteen fights presented on the card, they all, for the most part delivered.
The gem of the night had to be the top of the card; Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler.
The pair went toe-to-toe seeking the welterweight title. By night’s end, and when the smoke and dust had settled, it was Hendricks that had claimed George St. Pierre’s vacated throne.
For their efforts, the heroes of the evening were awarded 50K bonuses.
As recognized and awarded for the efforts, the winners of the night’s Fight-of-the-Night and Performance-of-the-Night awards are as follows:
Fight-of-the-Night went to Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler for their five rounds or welterweight championship warfare.
Performance-of-the-Night #1 went to Ovince St. Preux for his masterful – no one even knew he was submitting him – shoulder-choke of Nikita Krylov.
Performance-of-the-Night # 2 went to Dennis Bermudez for his brilliant, and well thought out round three TKO finish, of Jim Hettes.