- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
- Breaking Down The UFC Pound-For-Pound Rankings
UFC 169 Medical Suspensions List: Aldo, Lamas, Faber, and Barao Escape Injury Free
UFC 169 is well and truly done, and unfortunately wasn’t quite the night of excitement that we had hoped for. Jose Aldo kicked Ricardo Lamas around for 25 minutes, Urijah Faber was stopped early on by Renan Barao, and Frank Mir got hit in the face 139 times while only landing five strikes of his own.
The card produced 10 fights that went to the judge’s scorecards, two of which were, in my opinion, judged wrong. With 180 minutes of in-cage action in the books, there was obviously a laundry list of injuries to follow. Check out the official UFC 169: Barao vs. Faber II medical suspensions list:
Abel Trujillo was suspended for 30 days with no contact.
Jamie Varner was suspended for 30 day for a knockout loss, and also received an indefinite suspension pending a CT head scan, as well as a neurological evaluation.
John Makdessi was suspended for 60 days for facial lacerations.
Nick Catone was suspended indefinitely pending orthopaedic clearance of his left knee.
Tom Watson was suspended indefinitely pending orthopaedic clearance of his right elbow, as well as orthopaedic clearance of his right foot.
Al Iaquinta was suspended 30 days for a left lateral brow laceration, and suspended indefinitely pending orthopaedic evaluation of his right knee.
Kevin Lee was suspended indefinitely pending opthalmological clearance, as well as a CT scan of his facial bones.
Rashid Magomedov was suspended indefinitely pending an x-ray of his left foot.
Tony Martin was suspended indefinitely pending an MRI of his left knee.
Neil Magny was suspended for 30 days with no contact, and also received an indefinite suspension pending an x-ray of his skull and sinuses.