- Nick Diaz Wants To Rematch Anderson Silva Under Pride FC Rules
- Ryan Bader: Nobody Else Is Qualified For That Title Shot
- Carlos Condit Thinks Thiago Alves Is The Perfect Opponent
- Again? Floyd Mayweather Willing To Rematch Manny Pacquiao Next Year
- The UFC Plans Big Changes For Hall Of Fame
- Anthony Pettis Warns Khabib: When You Talk About Injuries, They Happen To You
- Joe Rogan Wonders If Brain Damage Aided Jon Jones’ Hit And Run
- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC 168 Free Fight: Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman I
UFC 162’s main event showdown between former champion Anderson Silva and current champion Chris Weidman was undoubtedly the most shocking fight in a year full of crazy bouts.
After a huge buildup Weidman showed up and did exactly what he had promised to do all along. He stalked Silva down without fear, flooring the formerly dominant champ with a second round left hook that changed the landscape of mixed martial arts forever.
“The Spider” was no longer invincible, but he will have his chance at revenge when the two lock horns once again in the headlining bout of next Saturday’s epic UFC 168 card.
In preparation for the rematch, which many are calling the biggest fight in MMA history, the UFC has released the full fight video of their inaugural showdown.
There’s still a ton of lingering doubt about Silva’s motivation for the bout, and even he has said his ‘mental’ wasn’t in the right place for the first fight. That would make sense because he clowned Weidman continuously and paid the ultimate price for it.
Refresh your memory with the fight video and offer up your predictions for the rematch. Will the result be any different the second time around?
Photo: Jayne Kamin-Oncea for USA TODAY Sports