- UFC Bad Blood And UFC Countdown: Jones vs. Cormier To Air Tonight
- Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson Official For UFC Fight Night 61 Co-Main Event
- Rampage Jackson’s ‘Crazy’ Bellator Deal Included Reality TV Show, Movie Deal
- Gray Maynard Confirms New Deal With The UFC, Eyes March Return
- UFC vs Bellator? Jose Aldo & Patricio Freire Ponder Fighting
- Don Frye On UFC Lawsuit: They’re Going To Take Their Check And Run
- LowKickMMA’s Fight Of The Year 2014 – Aldo vs Mendes 2
- UFC Fight Pass Subscribers’ Personal Information Potentially Released By Hackers
- Report: Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC After Wrestlemania
UFC 166 Open Workouts: Cain Velasquez, Daniel Cormier, Junior Dos Santos & Roy Nelson
72 hours out from one of the biggest fights and best cards in UFC history, Cain Velasquez, Daniel Cormier, Junior Dos Santos and Roy Nelson, took to the stage at the “House of Blues” in Las Vegas for open workouts.
The four heavyweights are set to pair off against one another (Velasquez vs. JDS & Cormier vs. Nelson) Saturday night at UFC 166, in what fans are hoping will turn out to be two all-out wars.
All four fighters looked good, but Nelson & JDS stood out.
Roy looks to be in great shape and has lost a lot of weight. Sadly, the weight loss appears to be related to “Big Country’s” loss of appetite. Apparently Roy has someone that’s close to him that’s currently hospitalized and as Roy is concerned about his friend’s health, he has hasn’t been able to eat. Regardless of cause, Nelson looked to be at a good fighting weight; our prayers and wishes go out to Roy’s friend.
Junior Dos Santos was the only fighter who actually did a stiff session. Where the other three came out and did a little shadow boxing or wrestling, “Cigano” came out and hit the pads heavily and looked, as always, very impressive in doing so. One thing is assured; Junior is in very good spirits and was in a very relaxed and playful mood.
The workouts are below: