- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
UFC 166: Attendance, Gate & Bonuses
In what was, as Dana White put it, “the sickest night” of fights that the UFC has ever put on, UFC 166 is now in the books; its numbers available.
The attendance for the evening was, 17, 278.
The paid gate was 2.5 million (US) dollars
The Bonuses paid out for the evening were $60,000 (US)
Fight of the night / fight of the century went to Gilbert Melendez & Diego Sanchez: Truly, if you didn’t see this fight (live) make sure you hunt it down online. In a word, wow! It fulfilled every hope and dream that any had of this bout. Although Melendez culled the victory, many fans might scratch their heads as to the outcome of the bout, had it carried another two rounds. In a nutshell, Sanchez looked the stronger fighter, by the end of 15.
Knockout of the night went to John Dodson: Darrell Montague was doing well against John Dodson, until he wasn’t. Dodson sat in with a huge right and it was, over. Dodson used tremendous speed and agility to set his opponent up and then he laid him out; end of fight.
Submission of the night went to Tony Ferguson: Ferguson took home a cool 60K for a beautiful submission (Brabo Choke) of Mike Rio, at the 1:52 mark of the first round; Rio was lost to defend it.