- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
UFC 166: Attendance, Gate & Bonuses
In what was, as Dana White put it, “the sickest night” of fights that the UFC has ever put on, UFC 166 is now in the books; its numbers available.
The attendance for the evening was, 17, 278.
The paid gate was 2.5 million (US) dollars
The Bonuses paid out for the evening were $60,000 (US)
Fight of the night / fight of the century went to Gilbert Melendez & Diego Sanchez: Truly, if you didn’t see this fight (live) make sure you hunt it down online. In a word, wow! It fulfilled every hope and dream that any had of this bout. Although Melendez culled the victory, many fans might scratch their heads as to the outcome of the bout, had it carried another two rounds. In a nutshell, Sanchez looked the stronger fighter, by the end of 15.
Knockout of the night went to John Dodson: Darrell Montague was doing well against John Dodson, until he wasn’t. Dodson sat in with a huge right and it was, over. Dodson used tremendous speed and agility to set his opponent up and then he laid him out; end of fight.
Submission of the night went to Tony Ferguson: Ferguson took home a cool 60K for a beautiful submission (Brabo Choke) of Mike Rio, at the 1:52 mark of the first round; Rio was lost to defend it.