- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- UFC on FOX 15 Q&A With Frankie Edgar Live Now
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Phil Davis Reveals UFC Refused To Match Bellator’s Offer
- No Bad Blood? Felice Herrig & Paige VanZant Separated During Staredown
- Bobby Green To Anthony Pettis: ‘You Did Nothing Wrong, You Got Played Bro’
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
Matt Mitrione to Brendan Schaub: I’ll Buy You A Beer With My Win Money
“You’re going to get your *** whooped. I’ll buy ya a beer with my win money, but go f**k yourself until then.”
Those are the words of Matt Mitrione, regarding his “friend” Brendan Schaub.
For his part, Schaub says of Mitrione and their upcoming bout on Saturday night, that “he’s in a fight he can’t win. He’s out of his league. He’s out of his element.”
Collectively, for two people who state that they are friends, they certainly have no problem in throwing mud at one another.
Mitrione says of Schaub that “his chin sucks”, that he has poor stand up and that he doesn’t care about Brendan’s Jiu Jitsu. On the other hand, “The Hybrid” seems to view Mitrione as a washed up x-football player who got into MMA, because he thought he could and the sport was hot. To this point, Schaub wants to show “Meathead” what the difference is between a mixed martial artist and a football player.
For me, I have to say that I’ve bought into this fight and the drama behind it. I don’t think that friendship will stand in the way of a good fight, here and that actually, it might even help in this case. As they are friends and honestly seem to have issues with one another, I suspect they’ll show up and bang, not just dance around and kill the clock.
With that said, if I had to put my money on one or the other to bring the fight, I’d put it on Matt. As a fan, I’d affirm all day that Meathead is a little intense and a little whacky, and I don’t think he’s joking around about wanting to put beating on Schaub.
When Matt states, “I can’t wait to beat the s**t out of you”, I for one believe him and I think he’s got all the tools to do it.
Sandwiched between the Pat Healy bout and Renan Barao’s title defense, this will hopefully be a good fight and one with a KO finish.