- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Ratings! UFC Fight Night 57 Peaks At Over 1 Million Viewers
- Joe Lauzon vs. Al Iaquinta Added To UFC 183
- Renan Barao Challenges T.J. Dillashaw To Fight Him In Brazil
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
UFC 164 Bonuses, Attendance & Gate
UFC 164 has come and gone and it was quite an event. I counted a possible 4 knockout of the nights (Lim, Rothwell, Mendes & Barnett) and 2 good candidates for fight-of-the-night (Kang / Camus & Varner / Tibau).
From the disappointment that was surely felt by Vera, Mir and Henderson fans, there was equal adulation from the camps of Rothwell, Barnett and Pettis.
It was a spirited night of solid fights and no one danced, including Clay Guida. Everyone came in and gave it a good showing, but in the instance of some, the showing wasn’t good enough.
Starting tomorrow the questions will begin to be asked regarding Mir and Guida, and what’s up next for Pettis; T.J. Grant, we will hope.
Here are the numbers for the night:
The attendance at the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee was 9,178. The gate ending up being $907,116.
Fight of the Night went to Lim vs. Kraus, who each took home $50,000 for their effort on the preliminary card. Knockout of the Night went to Chad Mendes for his impressive finish of Clay Guida, the iron-chinned warrior wo had never been finished via strikes. The Tea Alpha Male representative will be hunting for a title shot his next time out.
Submission of the Night went to none other than Anthony Pettis for his timeless submission of the notoriously tough-to-tap Benson Henderon. UFC 164 was an action-packed card not soon to be forgotten.