- UFC Overhauls Reebok Pay Structure To Focus On Number Of Fights
- Chad Mendes Won’t Rule Out Facing Urijah Faber
- Countdown To UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi & Bisping vs. Dollaway
- UFC on FOX 15 Medical Suspensions: Swanson, Machida & Herrig Get Long Sits
- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
UFC 163: Extended Preview
UFC 163 is fast approaching (August 03 in Rio) and will see Jose Aldo defend his belt against Chan Sung Jung in what promises to be a war. On the card with Aldo and Jung, is a highly anticipated bout between Lyoto Machida and Phil Davis, with the winner looking at a possible shot at the 205 title.
Regarding Jose and Chan, both fighters are finishers with Aldo having the heavier stand-up game and Jung having the better ground game. Aldo is a fighter who likes to deliver his punishment from range, where Jung is a fighter who likes to engage from within the pocket.
If Aldo can stay outside and deliver his devastating leg kicks, then the fight should be his. If, however, Jung can cut down the distance and force the fight into the “phone-booth” or take it to the ground, we could well see a new champion at 145.
Should that happen, then the UFC will have its first Asian champion and that could only be seen as a good thing, given that the promotion is trying to cultivate the Asian market.
Machida / Davis will be an epic match between an almost indomitable Karate style and that of a strong, athletic wrester with a ground game. As Davis is not apt to have much for Machida on the feet, this fight is all about whether or not “Mr. Wonderful” can get the fight to the ground and whether or not he gets KO’d in the process, while attempting to do so.