- After UFC Fight Night 58 Win, Renan Barao Wants To Bring Belt Back To Brazil
- Luke Rockhold Calls Out Lyoto Machida After UFC Fight Night 58
- Scott Coker Pulls Contract Card On Dana White Over Rampage
- UFC Fight Night 58: Renan Barao vs. Mitch Gagnon Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs. CB Dollaway Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Bonuses: Four Earn “Performance of The Night” in Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Press Conference
- *UPDATE* Rampage Jackson Will Return To UFC Despite Bellator Contract
- UFC Fight Night 58 Main Card Results: Machida Finishes Dollaway, Barao Submits Gagnon
- UFC Fight Night 58 Prelims Results
UFC 163: Cezar “Mutant” Ferreira Profile
Cezar Ferreira is a big, strong and impressive looking fighter. The 6 foot 1 inch Brazilian and UFC newcomer (1 & 0) takes to the Octagon on Saturday night in hopes of defeating fellow middleweight and countryman, Thiago “Sledgehammer” Santos and in doing so, will be looking to hand Santos a defeat in his Octagon debut.
In his UFC 163 fighter profile, we learn that the Mutant had a very troubled life and that sport, particularly MMA, gave him an out. He lost his mother to cancer when he was 8 years old and then his dad and brother became drug addicts. By age 17 he had left the drug infested town that he grew up in and began to seek out a proper education, both in mixed martial arts and scholastics. In doing so, he met Vitor Belfort who not only began to train Ferreira, but who also took him in and began to raise Cezar as his own son.
Ferreira says of his life, that any success that he has comes down to willpower. He believes that anyone can overcome any obstacles in their lives, but you have to “really want it and really put in the work for it”. Of it, he says it’s like math and that there are no secrets. If you put in the work you will get what you want. His beliefs and attitudes are such that he feels in life you are only given a few opportunities and as such, “you must ready when the moment comes to grab the opportunities. You have your own opportunity to be ready, ready to hold on when an opportunity comes by.” As such, when Cezar’s chance to be on TUF Brazil came up he was ready and he won.
The 28 year old Ferreira comes across as an eminently likeable fellow and he seems to be prepared for not only his fight and his career, but life also. I wish him all the best on Saturday night and with that, odds are good that he’s ready for the opportunity of this fight.
Video is courtesy of the UFC.