- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Highlights
- Floyd Mayweather Defeats Manny Pacquiao To Unify Belts
- Cast Your Vote For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!
- Jorge Masvidal Planning Move Back To Welterweight
- Roy Jones Jr.: Win Or Lose, Mayweather Is Not The Greatest Of All-Time
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Get Immediate Title Shot If He Returns?
- Nick Diaz Passed Two Drug Tests On The Same Night He Failed One
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Weidman vs. Silva-Wrestler vs. Striker
In 2010, National geographic released some fight science statistics showing that the power of a single knee is equivalent in force to a 35-mile-an-hour [or 56.3-kilometer-an-hour] car crash, delivering nearly two inches of chest compression after a single blow.
According to Dana White, there has never been a serious injury or death in the history of the UFC. This is a very proud achievement, however, try to explain that to the Maxillofacial surgeon who had the task of reconstructing Rich Franklin’s face after Anderson delivered a series of devastating knees in the clinch.
Anderson Silva’s knees have been responsible for finishing Chael Sonnen, Stefan Bonnar, Carlos Newton, Jorge Rivera, Chris Leben, and Rich Franklin. If Anderson is not finishing his opponent with his deadly knees, then a front kick, reverse elbow, or punch will soon find his opponent according to his impressive record sheet.
What separates Anderson Silva from many fighters is that he is not known as a one trick pony and has the ability to finish his opponents within the first round. You will never hear anyone describe Silva as the guy with the “overhand right”.
George St Pierre has publicly backed Chris Weidman to defeat Anderson Silva, while other UFC fighters are not so sure. Chris Leben, who has an intimate knowledge of Anderson Silva’s ability, recently stated that “Weidman is an amazingly tough kid who has put away some fantastic opponents”…, but Leben feels Weidman doesn’t have a tonne of experience and has been on the fast track to greatness compared to Silva who is a proven veteran.