- Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- Ray Longo Doesn’t Want To See Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva Again
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results Silva 186 Diaz 185
- UFC 183 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
Weidman vs. Silva-Wrestler vs. Striker
In 2010, National geographic released some fight science statistics showing that the power of a single knee is equivalent in force to a 35-mile-an-hour [or 56.3-kilometer-an-hour] car crash, delivering nearly two inches of chest compression after a single blow.
According to Dana White, there has never been a serious injury or death in the history of the UFC. This is a very proud achievement, however, try to explain that to the Maxillofacial surgeon who had the task of reconstructing Rich Franklin’s face after Anderson delivered a series of devastating knees in the clinch.
Anderson Silva’s knees have been responsible for finishing Chael Sonnen, Stefan Bonnar, Carlos Newton, Jorge Rivera, Chris Leben, and Rich Franklin. If Anderson is not finishing his opponent with his deadly knees, then a front kick, reverse elbow, or punch will soon find his opponent according to his impressive record sheet.
What separates Anderson Silva from many fighters is that he is not known as a one trick pony and has the ability to finish his opponents within the first round. You will never hear anyone describe Silva as the guy with the “overhand right”.
George St Pierre has publicly backed Chris Weidman to defeat Anderson Silva, while other UFC fighters are not so sure. Chris Leben, who has an intimate knowledge of Anderson Silva’s ability, recently stated that “Weidman is an amazingly tough kid who has put away some fantastic opponents”…, but Leben feels Weidman doesn’t have a tonne of experience and has been on the fast track to greatness compared to Silva who is a proven veteran.