- Diego Sanchez And Norman Parke Heating Things Up
- Rin Nakai: Tate Is Beautiful And Sexy
- Should Conor McGregor Get Title Shot With Win Over “Diamond”?
- Fedor Emelianenko Has No Regrets
- Frank Mir: I Really Don’t Know If I’ll Return
- UFC Rankings Update: Andrei Arlovski Storms Into Top 10
- Tate Looking For Rematch With Zingano With Win Over Nakai
- Alistair Overeem Welcomes All Comers For Next Opponent
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Wants Title, Picks Cerrone Over Alvarez
- UFN 51 Main Card Recap: Arlovski Avenges Loss To “Bigfoot”
UFC 162 Attendance/Bonuses: Weidman, Edgar, Oliveira, Swanson, and Siver All Net $50K
UFC 162 delivered a great night of action from top-to-bottom for the fans in Vegas tonight. The MMA world was turned on its head when Chris Weidman knocked out the showboating Anderson Silva. The event pulled in a reported 12,399 fans in attendance, totaling a $4.862 million gate.
While there were no submissions to speak of, two excellent fights were named Fight of the Night, with Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira and Cub Swanson vs. Dennis Siver earning the nods. Each fighter will take home $50,000 for their impressive efforts.
The final bonus went to none other than new middleweight champion Chris Weidman, who takes home $50K for his instant classic of a knockout. Many, including Dana White, think that a rematch will eventually happen between Weidman and Silva. However, Silva stated he does not want to fight for the title anymore and will be taking some time off.
Mark Munoz, who thoroughly dominated Tim Boetsch tonight, stated at the press conference that he would be more than willing to step in and take Silva’s place against Weidman. He definitely appeared in much better shape than he did in that fateful loss to Weidman last July.
What will be the next move for the newly minted champion?