- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
UFC 162 Attendance/Bonuses: Weidman, Edgar, Oliveira, Swanson, and Siver All Net $50K
UFC 162 delivered a great night of action from top-to-bottom for the fans in Vegas tonight. The MMA world was turned on its head when Chris Weidman knocked out the showboating Anderson Silva. The event pulled in a reported 12,399 fans in attendance, totaling a $4.862 million gate.
While there were no submissions to speak of, two excellent fights were named Fight of the Night, with Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira and Cub Swanson vs. Dennis Siver earning the nods. Each fighter will take home $50,000 for their impressive efforts.
The final bonus went to none other than new middleweight champion Chris Weidman, who takes home $50K for his instant classic of a knockout. Many, including Dana White, think that a rematch will eventually happen between Weidman and Silva. However, Silva stated he does not want to fight for the title anymore and will be taking some time off.
Mark Munoz, who thoroughly dominated Tim Boetsch tonight, stated at the press conference that he would be more than willing to step in and take Silva’s place against Weidman. He definitely appeared in much better shape than he did in that fateful loss to Weidman last July.
What will be the next move for the newly minted champion?