- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
UFC 161 heads to Winnipeg, Hendo vs. Evans rumored for main event
With MMA’s popularity surging in Canada, the UFC has decided to host an upcoming event in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The event will be UFC 161, and was confirmed by Sportsnet’s “UFC Central” host Joe Ferraro last night on Twitter:
I can confirm the UFC will host an event at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba on June 15th. More news forthcoming.
— Joe Ferraro (@ShowdownJoe) March 4, 2013
Taking place June 15th from the MTS Centre, Dan Henderson versus Rashad Evans is the purported main event. Dana White spoke of this fight while appearing on “UFC Tonight” shortly after UFC on Fuel TV 8. Tyron Woodley, fresh off a flash KO of Jay Hieron, is also rumored to face off with Jake Shields on the card. This was confirmed by Tatame, although nothing has been set in stone as of yet.
The only confirmed bout as of yet is the Light Heavyweight clash between Shogun Rua and Antonio Rogerio Noguiera.
The main bout should be exciting, as it will feature two aging Light Heavyweights desperately in need of a win to hold on to any degree of relevancy. It could be said that both Dan Henderson and Rashad Evans’s last bout left something to be desired, so we’ll see which one still has something left in the tank.
Tickets for UFC 161 will go on sale to the general public on April 12th. This is great news for Canadian MMA fans, who will have a ton of hard-hitting shows coming their way soon, starting with UFC 158 from Montreal next week. There’s no doubt that Canada loves its MMA, so it’s good to see the UFC reward that dedication.
Stay tuned to LowKick for any and all developing news on UFC 161 as it unfolds.