- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Ronda Rousey Wants To Fight Bethe Correia in Brazil
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
UFC 160 Gate, Attendance, and Bonuses: JDS and Hunt Get Awarded For Classic
UFC 160 came at us live from Las Vegas and delivered the heavy-hitting night of action that fans expected. The event drew a reported live attendance of 11,089 and a gate of $2.942 million.
Fight of the Night went to Junior dos Santos and Mark Hunt for their bloody, heavy-handed slugfest that has to be an instant fight of the year candidate. Submission of the Night went to Glover Teixeira for his Guillotine victory over James Te-Huna. And while many thought Knockout of the Night would go to JDS for his incredible spinning kick, it ultimately went to TJ Grant for his title shot clinching KO of the favored Gray Maynard.
Before Dana White announced the figures at the press conference, UFC legend Forrest Griffin appeared to announce his retirement. He cited injuries that cost him 2 out of his last 3 fights, and speculated he would join the UFC and work in a charitable capacity for them.