- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
UFC 159 Live Gate And Attendance
UFC 159 is now in the books and although it wasn’t able to live up to the huge amounts of hype, it still delivered some exciting fights for fans. The event also marked the second largest attendance in UFC history in the state of New Jersey. The event drew a reported 15,227 fans to the Prudential Centre, generating a $2.7 million live gate.
This works out at around $177 per ticket, in a night that saw some great fights between Kurt Holobaugh and Steven Siler, Pat Healy and Jim Miller, and an exciting knockout from Roy Nelson. We also saw our fair share of controversial referee decisions as Gian Villante and Ovince St.Preux were halted early after an eye poke, as was Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher.
Many would also argue that the Jones vs. Sonnen fight was stopped early, although I’m sure the MMA world would have been turned upside down had Sonnen won the belt due to Jones breaking his foot. On top of fights being cancelled last minute due to injury, UFC 159 had a lot to live up to. It wasn’t the worst UFC event to date and it wasn’t the best, but it marked the end of the busiest month for the UFC in the promotion’s history-in which the UFC has delivered some quality events overall.
Stay tuned to Lowkick for more post UFC 159 coverage.