- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC 158 Medical Suspensions: Johny Hendricks good to go for title shot
With UFC 158 in the rear view mirror there are a number of medical suspensions that have arisen. The main concern for many fans are the reports that Johny Hendricks may have sustained a broken hand in his welterweight bout against Carlos Condit. If this were true, it might hinder Hendricks’ chances of competing any time soon against Georges St-Pierre for the title. Judging by the list of medical suspensions, and a recent update by ‘Big Rigg’ on twitter, it would seem as though the injury may not be too severe:
THANKS for the concern! Update on my hand: it was feeling so much better today I decided not to go to the doc. Recovery going good!
28-day suspension: Georges St. Pierre, Nick Diaz
60-day suspension: Nate Marquardt
It is surprising to see that Nate Marquardt only received a 60 day suspension after his brutal knockout loss to Jake Ellenberger. The former Strikeforce welterweight champion could be back in action sooner than we think. Rumours surrounding the number one contender suggest that an August title shot is in the works.
It will be great to see both St-Pierre and Hendricks in prime condition for their title fight. If that is the case come August, who will you pick to win? Will it be Hendricks with his heavy hands or St-Pierre with his grinding wrestling style?