- Ryan Bader: Nobody Else Is Qualified For That Title Shot
- Carlos Condit Thinks Thiago Alves Is The Perfect Opponent
- Again? Floyd Mayweather Willing To Rematch Manny Pacquiao Next Year
- The UFC Plans Big Changes For Hall Of Fame
- Anthony Pettis Warns Khabib: When You Talk About Injuries, They Happen To You
- Joe Rogan Wonders If Brain Damage Aided Jon Jones’ Hit And Run
- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC 156 Weigh-In Video and Results
UFC 156 combatants stepped on the scale in Las Vegas, Nevada, as part of the official weigh-in procedure ahead of tomorrow’s stacked fight card.
Frankie Edgar weighed-in at 144lbs for his Featherweight debut, while the champ Jose Aldo hit the scale at 145lbs even. Bantamweights Edwin Figueroa and Francisco Rivera were the only fighters to miss weight, but will get additional time to shake off the reamining pounds.
As expected, Alistair Overeem and Antonio Silva engaged in a heated staredown, promising us a great fight on Saturday night. If Overeem defeats Silva, he will become the number one contender for the UFC Heavyweight title, currently held by Cain Velasquez.
Full Weigh-In Results via MMAJunkie.com:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
Champ Jose Aldo (145) vs. Frankie Edgar (144)
Rashad Evans (206) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (206)
Alistair Overeem (264) vs. Antonio Silva (262)
Jon Fitch (171) vs. Demian Maia (170)
Joseph Benavidez (126) vs. Ian McCall (125)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
Evan Dunham (155) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
Jay Hieron (168) vs. Tyron Woodley (170)
Bobby Green (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (156)
Yves Edwards (155) vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)
Chico Camus (134) vs. Dustin Kimura (139.5)
Edwin Figueroa (137.5) vs. Francisco Rivera (137)