- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
UFC 156 Weigh-In Video and Results
UFC 156 combatants stepped on the scale in Las Vegas, Nevada, as part of the official weigh-in procedure ahead of tomorrow’s stacked fight card.
Frankie Edgar weighed-in at 144lbs for his Featherweight debut, while the champ Jose Aldo hit the scale at 145lbs even. Bantamweights Edwin Figueroa and Francisco Rivera were the only fighters to miss weight, but will get additional time to shake off the reamining pounds.
As expected, Alistair Overeem and Antonio Silva engaged in a heated staredown, promising us a great fight on Saturday night. If Overeem defeats Silva, he will become the number one contender for the UFC Heavyweight title, currently held by Cain Velasquez.
Full Weigh-In Results via MMAJunkie.com:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
Champ Jose Aldo (145) vs. Frankie Edgar (144)
Rashad Evans (206) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (206)
Alistair Overeem (264) vs. Antonio Silva (262)
Jon Fitch (171) vs. Demian Maia (170)
Joseph Benavidez (126) vs. Ian McCall (125)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
Evan Dunham (155) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
Jay Hieron (168) vs. Tyron Woodley (170)
Bobby Green (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (156)
Yves Edwards (155) vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)
Chico Camus (134) vs. Dustin Kimura (139.5)
Edwin Figueroa (137.5) vs. Francisco Rivera (137)