- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
UFC 102 Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Fight Video
Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 102, way back in 2009, and produced a battle for the ages. The fight was the main event of the evening, and both warriors were legends in their own respect. ‘Minotauro’ made his name in Pride FC, winning the first ever heavyweight championship for the eastern promotion, later crossing over to the UFC with a decision win against Heath Herring.
After winning the interim heavyweight championship against Tim Sylvia, Nogueira got TKO’d by Frank Mir at UFC 92. The bout marked the first time that Big Nog had ever been finished in MMA. His rebound match was the much anticipated bout with ‘The Natural’, who was a legit (ish) force at that time.
Couture holds a plethora of records for the UFC, and is a five-time champion of two divisions for the organization. He was, at that very time, a tough fight for Nogueira. Couture was coming off a loss against Brock Lesnar at UFC 91; a defeat that cost the aging veteran the UFC heavyweight belt. Both men were out to impress, and put the demons of their recent losses to bed.
The result was an epic back-and-forth battle that showed there was still plenty of fight in both the ol’ dogs, and earned them both ‘Fight of the year/night’ awards. Check out the full fight video below, courtesy of UFC.com and stay tuned to LowKick.com!