- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
UFC 102 Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Fight Video
Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 102, way back in 2009, and produced a battle for the ages. The fight was the main event of the evening, and both warriors were legends in their own respect. ‘Minotauro’ made his name in Pride FC, winning the first ever heavyweight championship for the eastern promotion, later crossing over to the UFC with a decision win against Heath Herring.
After winning the interim heavyweight championship against Tim Sylvia, Nogueira got TKO’d by Frank Mir at UFC 92. The bout marked the first time that Big Nog had ever been finished in MMA. His rebound match was the much anticipated bout with ‘The Natural’, who was a legit (ish) force at that time.
Couture holds a plethora of records for the UFC, and is a five-time champion of two divisions for the organization. He was, at that very time, a tough fight for Nogueira. Couture was coming off a loss against Brock Lesnar at UFC 91; a defeat that cost the aging veteran the UFC heavyweight belt. Both men were out to impress, and put the demons of their recent losses to bed.
The result was an epic back-and-forth battle that showed there was still plenty of fight in both the ol’ dogs, and earned them both ‘Fight of the year/night’ awards. Check out the full fight video below, courtesy of UFC.com and stay tuned to LowKick.com!