- UFC on FOX 15 Bonuses: Rockhold, Holloway Bank $50,000
- UFC on FOX 15 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results: Luke Rockhold Batters, Submits Lyoto Machida
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Results: Dariush Dominates Miller
- Lyoto Machida: I Try To Remove All Pressure & Emotion From My Fights
- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event On Point
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
UFC 152: Jon Jones submits Vitor Belfort in Round 4
However, things didn’t start well for the youngest champion in UFC history. Vitor Belfort used his knowledge of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to catch the champ in a super-tight armbar, early in Round 1. Belfort was very close to breaking Jon Jones‘ arm, but the champ managed to avoid the tap out.
From there, Jon Jones responded with his trademark elbows that put a crimson mask on Vitor Belfort‘s face. Jones also used side kicks and spinning elbows to frustrate the challenger. Belfort pulled guard on several occasions, but he was unable to repeat the success he had in the first minutes of the fight.
The finish came in the first championship round, when Jon Jones and Vitor Belfort got into a heated exchange. Belfort has once again decided to pull guard, only that this time Jon Jones got himself into a side control. Jones ground and pounded the Brazilian phenom with elbows from the top, before locking a kimura submission hold, which immediately forced Vitor Belfort to surrender.
Speaking post-fight, Jones admitted that his right arm was seriously hurt in Round 1. Nevertheless, the champ improves to 17-1 in his illustrious MMA career, standing just one fight away from repeating Tito Ortiz‘s record of 5 title defenses.