- Henderson vs. Boetsch Headlines UFC Fight Night 68 With Bader Off Card
- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
UFC Fight Night 49 Post-Fight Bonuses: Dos Anjos, Mein, Leites, & Saunders Earn One Of Four “Performance Of The Night” Awards
Tonight’s (Sat., August 23, 2014) UFC Fight Night 49 from the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, featured a main card full of great fights and four finishes that made for stiff competition for the $50,000 post-fight bonuses.
To the surprise of no one, Rafael dos Anjos earned the first $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his jaw-dropping first round knockout of former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson in the night’s main event.
The awards were announced at the UFC Fight Night 49 post-fight press conference, and welterweight up-and-comer Jordan Mein earned $50,000 for the second “Performance of the Night” bonus for his shocking first round knockout of longtime veteran and former WEC welterweight champion Mike Pyle.
Because of all the great performances, no “Fight of the Night” was given out. Instead, middleweight Thales Leites earned $50,000 for a third “Performance of the Night” bonus.
Rounding out the bonuses, returning Bellator veteran Ben Saunders earned $50,000 for his impressive omoplata submission of Chris Heatherly.
Photo: Joe Camporeale for USA TODAY Sports