- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- Invicta FC 11 Weigh-In Results: Cyborg vs. Tweet Official In Los Angeles
- Josh Thomson Forced Out Of UFC Fight Night 62
- Quote: I Would Crush Brock Lesnar, He Won’t Have Time To Scream
- Kimbo Slice Returns Against Ken Shamrock On June 20
- Ronda Rousey Tells Cyborg To ‘Stop Taking F–king Steroids,’ Isn’t Impressed With Arianny Celeste’s Job
- UFC 184 Open Workouts: Ronda Rousey Shows Off Slams
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 3
UFC Fight Night 49 Post-Fight Bonuses: Dos Anjos, Mein, Leites, & Saunders Earn One Of Four “Performance Of The Night” Awards
Tonight’s (Sat., August 23, 2014) UFC Fight Night 49 from the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, featured a main card full of great fights and four finishes that made for stiff competition for the $50,000 post-fight bonuses.
To the surprise of no one, Rafael dos Anjos earned the first $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his jaw-dropping first round knockout of former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson in the night’s main event.
The awards were announced at the UFC Fight Night 49 post-fight press conference, and welterweight up-and-comer Jordan Mein earned $50,000 for the second “Performance of the Night” bonus for his shocking first round knockout of longtime veteran and former WEC welterweight champion Mike Pyle.
Because of all the great performances, no “Fight of the Night” was given out. Instead, middleweight Thales Leites earned $50,000 for a third “Performance of the Night” bonus.
Rounding out the bonuses, returning Bellator veteran Ben Saunders earned $50,000 for his impressive omoplata submission of Chris Heatherly.
Photo: Joe Camporeale for USA TODAY Sports