- Alistair Overeem vs Stefan Struve Booked For UFC On FOX 13
- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
UFC Fight Night 49 Post-Fight Bonuses: Dos Anjos, Mein, Leites, & Saunders Earn One Of Four “Performance Of The Night” Awards
Tonight’s (Sat., August 23, 2014) UFC Fight Night 49 from the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, featured a main card full of great fights and four finishes that made for stiff competition for the $50,000 post-fight bonuses.
To the surprise of no one, Rafael dos Anjos earned the first $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus for his jaw-dropping first round knockout of former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson in the night’s main event.
The awards were announced at the UFC Fight Night 49 post-fight press conference, and welterweight up-and-comer Jordan Mein earned $50,000 for the second “Performance of the Night” bonus for his shocking first round knockout of longtime veteran and former WEC welterweight champion Mike Pyle.
Because of all the great performances, no “Fight of the Night” was given out. Instead, middleweight Thales Leites earned $50,000 for a third “Performance of the Night” bonus.
Rounding out the bonuses, returning Bellator veteran Ben Saunders earned $50,000 for his impressive omoplata submission of Chris Heatherly.
Photo: Joe Camporeale for USA TODAY Sports