- Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson Official For UFC Fight Night 61 Co-Main Event
- Rampage Jackson’s ‘Crazy’ Bellator Deal Included Reality TV Show, Movie Deal
- Gray Maynard Confirms New Deal With The UFC, Eyes March Return
- UFC vs Bellator? Jose Aldo & Patricio Freire Ponder Fighting
- Don Frye On UFC Lawsuit: They’re Going To Take Their Check And Run
- LowKickMMA’s Fight Of The Year 2014 – Aldo vs Mendes 2
- UFC Fight Pass Subscribers’ Personal Information Potentially Released By Hackers
- Report: Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC After Wrestlemania
Tyrone Spong Suffers Horrific Leg Break Similar To Anderson Silva In Glory FC Main Event
Just four months after Anderson Silva’s horrific leg break at UFC 169 one other mixed martial artist has suffered a similar fate; but in a kickboxing match.
Tyrone Spong is undefeated in his short MMA career with two wins to his name, but he is also an elite kickboxer with over eighty fights in his record. Earlier today Spong was looking for his seventy-fifth professional win by trying to avenge his 2009 loss to Gohan Saki.
However, things never came close to anything he had planned.
Midway through the first round of their light-heavyweight title fight, Saki checked a hard leg kick from his opponent resulting in Spong snapping his shin and falling to the floor in agony. A truly horrible sight and something which nobody would have wanted, not even Saki who took home the Glory world title.
A gif of the injury can be seen below courtesy of Zombie Prophet: