- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
TUF 19 Finale: Edgar vs. Penn III Post-Fight Press Conference
This evening (July 6, 2014), as from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, the UFC closed out its fight weekend with the presentation of “The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19: Edgar vs. Penn III” Finale.
The night was a solid slate of fights and saw Eddie Gordon take home the TUF middleweight trophy with a fast first round KO stoppage of Dhiego Lima, while light-heavyweight Corey Anderson followed up with an even quicker win, taking out Matt Van Buren by way of a dominant round one TKO and earning the 205 pound TUF trophy.
Of course the big story of the night was featherweight Frankie Edgar’s trashing of BJ Penn. Finishing the MMA legend in the third round by way of TKO, Penn had absolutely nothing in the way of offense or defense against the No. 3 ranked Edgar’s onslaught.
With the night concluded, the event’s post-fight press conference is up next and should be commencing shortly.
Video courtesy of Karyn Bryant