- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
TUF 19 Episode 5 Recap: Team Edgar Levels The Playing Field
The fifth episode of The Ultimate Fighter 19: Edgar vs. Penn went down last night, and the episode featured a light-heavyweight showdown between Team Penn’s Josh Clark, and Team Edgar’s Cory Anderson. The episode begins with B.J Penn reflecting on his team’s first loss, emphasizing the importance of not over-training and encouraging his fighters to stay focused.
‘The Answer’ takes his team for a mountain hike on their day off, which doesn’t really go down too well with some of them. Josh Clark doesn’t seem too intense in training, whereas Cory Anderson is given props by his coaches for all the hard work. Both guys make weight on the first attempt, and it’s fight time.
Round one starts with Clark looking to keep it standing, showing a good jab and moving well. Anderson times Clark’s right hand and lands a single leg takedown. Clark is up, but gets taken down again, and gets up again. Anderson looking a little cagey, and eats punches for a while before landing a nice slam. Crucifix position for Anderson now, now Clark sweeps guard, and rolls for a knee bar. Back to the feet again and they trade blows but Anderson lands another takedown and the round is over. 10-9 Anderson
Clark lands a sharp right hand-knee combo to start round two, but Anderson takes it like a trooper. Back to the mat as Anderson lands a takedown and looks for ground strikes. Clark looking for an armbar from his back, but no luck there. The ref stands them up and now Clark looks mad, rushing in with an uppercut but he falls over. Anderson jumps on his man and lands in the guard. As Clark looks for the leg lock, Anderson slips out and he takes the mounted position, now he has Clark’s back, now back to the mount. Anderson is raining down punches to the dome as the round expires. 10-9 Anderson, 20-18 overall.
The judges agree as Team Edgar’s Cory Anderson takes home the unanimous decision win. The overall score now stands at 2-2, and Frankie Edgar retains control of the picks. ‘The Answer’ pits his first choice middleweight Ian Stephens against BJ Penn’s number four Roger Zabata. Tune in next week at 10 PM ET on Fox Sports 1 for the sixth episode of TUF 19, and stay tuned to LowKick.com!