- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
- Clay Guida vs. Robbie Peralta & Justin Jones vs. Ron Stallings Added To UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC Pay-Per-View Price Increase Is Now Permanent
- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
Tito Ortiz: Cyborg Santos requested release from UFC contract
UFC Hall of Famer and now MMA manager, Tito Ortiz, appeared on Inside MMA to discuss the future of his client – Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos. Ortiz once again stated that it is physically impossible for Cyborg to cut down to 135, but the former Strikeforce Women’s Featherweight champ would compromise for a catchweight bout with Ronda Rousey at 140lbs.
As for today, Rousey vs. Cyborg is without a doubt the biggest WMMA attraction. Both fighters are at the peak of their athletic abilities, while a fight between them would re-ignite the interest in Women’s MMA, similar to Carano vs. Cyborg that took place back in 2009.
However, Ortiz gave an announcement that ground and pounded the Dreams of Rousey vs. Cyborg into a deep knockout. According to The Huntington Beach Bad Boy, there are no fights left Santos in the UFC. Consequently, Cyborg requested a release from her contract.
The Brazilian heavy-hitter is most likely to landin Invicta Fighting Championship, where the Featherweight title is currently vacant.