- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Tito Ortiz: Cyborg Santos requested release from UFC contract
UFC Hall of Famer and now MMA manager, Tito Ortiz, appeared on Inside MMA to discuss the future of his client – Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos. Ortiz once again stated that it is physically impossible for Cyborg to cut down to 135, but the former Strikeforce Women’s Featherweight champ would compromise for a catchweight bout with Ronda Rousey at 140lbs.
As for today, Rousey vs. Cyborg is without a doubt the biggest WMMA attraction. Both fighters are at the peak of their athletic abilities, while a fight between them would re-ignite the interest in Women’s MMA, similar to Carano vs. Cyborg that took place back in 2009.
However, Ortiz gave an announcement that ground and pounded the Dreams of Rousey vs. Cyborg into a deep knockout. According to The Huntington Beach Bad Boy, there are no fights left Santos in the UFC. Consequently, Cyborg requested a release from her contract.
The Brazilian heavy-hitter is most likely to landin Invicta Fighting Championship, where the Featherweight title is currently vacant.