- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Ticket Sales For UFC 173 Delayed Until New Main Event Is Announced
Tickets for UFC 173 were set to go on pre-sale today but with one of the cards headliners, middleweight champion Chris Weidman, having to withdraw from the bout the sale has been postponed to a later date.
The pre-sale was suppose to be available today for UFC Fight Club members, then tomorrow for e-newsletter subscribers. Tickets were set to go on sale to the general public on Friday, but the UFC announced yesterday that the ticket sales would be delayed until a main event was booked.
The original headliner between Weidman and Lyoto Machida was scrapped from the card when the champion suffered a knee injury which will require surgery. On Monday, officials announced Weidman vs. Machida will now serve as the main event of UFC 175 in July. The new headliner for the UFC’s Memorial Day weekend card is expected to be revealed in the next few days.
UFC 173 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 24. The main card is available on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
There is a possibility that the UFC could bump the co-main event between former heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos and Stipe Miocic into the main spot, but we will just have to wait to find out.
Bantamweights T.J Dillashaw and Takeya Mizugaki are also set to face off on the card in a fight which will most likely have title implications. On top of that, the main event also includes: Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno and Jamie Varner vs. James Krause.
The latest UFC 173 lineup looks as followed:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic
T.J. Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
James Krause vs. Jamie Varner
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1)
Michael Chiesa vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Chris Holdsworth vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Mitch Clarke vs. Al Iaquinta
Anthony Njokuani vs. Vinc Pichel
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)
Yves Edwards vs. Piotr Hallmann
Doo Ho Choi vs. Sam Sicilia
Jingliang Li vs. Danny Mitchell