- NAC Director Doubts Tim Kennedy’s UFC 178 Loss Will Be Overturned
- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
Thiago Alves injured, Matt Brown to face Mike Pyle in Boston
Many thought that Matt Brown should be facing a higher-ranked opponent when he was signed up to fight Thiago Alves at UFC on Fox Sports 1: Boston. After all, he is on a five-fight win streak with four knockouts to his credit. After beating Jordan Mein at UFC on Fox 7, most expected Brown to get a high-profile fight, but he was booked opposite Alves.
Today, it appears that Brown will have a different opponent, as Alves is injured and Mike Pyle has stepped in to take his place at UFC on Fox Sports 1:Boston. Fox Sports 1 tweeted the changeup today:
— FOX Sports 1 (@FoxSports1) July 3, 2013
While Pyle is not necessarily a high-profile statement bout Brown, he does in fact bring more credibility to the octagon at this point. Alves has gone through a seemingly endless string of injuries and uncertainties, leaving the former title challenger with a question mark next to his name.
Pyle is coming off a hard-fought split decision victory over Rick Story at UFC 160, so it will be a quick turnaround for him. Both fighters have shown incredible grit throughout their current winning streaks, and the winner of this fight should find themselves taking on a top-level welterweight.