- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
The Ultimate Fighter 18 Tryouts To Be Held April 15th
The UFC will be holding open tryouts for The Ultimate Fighter show which will be in its 18th season. The invitational will be for a chance to compete on the hugely popular show within the 135 pound Bantamweight division. This is the 2nd time in TUF history that Bantamweight will be showcased. The most noticeable change this time around though, is that it is open to both male and female competitors. UFC president Dana White announced at UFC 158 this past weekend that the first woman’s champion for the UFC, Rhonda Rousey, will be a coach on the show. Her opposing coach will be the winner of next month’s bout between Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano. That fight is scheduled to take place at The Ultimate Finale 17.
The tryouts will be held at:
Las Vegas’ Palace Station Hotel & Casino Palace Station Hotel, 2411 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
Tryouts will be held in the Grand Ballroom at 8am PT.
According to the UFC website all applicants have to be at least 21 years old and “MUST have a WINNING RECORD of at least 3 PROFESSIONAL MMA fights. All records will be verified on sherdog.com and mixedmartialarts.com. If we cannot verify your record on either of these sites you will NOT be considered”. Fighters must be prepared to grapple and hit pads with their own gear. Those who make the cut will be notified at the end of the tryouts if they have been selected to continue on in the casting process. If selected, applicants must be prepared to stay in Las Vegas until April 19. Also, they will need to bring the following application to the tryouts on April 15th.
Applications can be downloaded here