- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Tempers flare at UFC 147 weigh-ins in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Today’s UFC 147 weigh-ins took place at Estadio Jornalista Felipe Drumond in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. This card features a reworked main event pitting Wanderlei Silva against Rich Franklin in a rematch of their UFC 99 bout.
All fighters made weight with the exception of John “Macapa” Teixeira, who came in at 150 pounds instead of his agreed upon 145. He was given two hours to cut four pounds.
The weigh-ins were not without incident this time. Anistavio Medeiros and Rodrigo Damm looked like they wanted to throwdown on the spot, with Medeiros attempting to crowd him after the handshake. Damm raised his hand to ward him off and on-stage officials ended up restraining Medeiros. This can be seen at 20:48 in the below video. Not to be outdone, TUF: Brazil finalists Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira and Sergio “Serginho” Moraes began shoving each other once their faceoff took place at 28:41 in the video.
The UFC 147 weigh-in results are as follows:
Main Card (Pay-per-view):
Rich Franklin (190) vs. Wanderlei Silva (188)
Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira (184) vs. Sergio “Serginho” Moraes (185)
Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra (146) vs. Godofredo “Pepey” de Oliveira (145)
Mike Russow (248) vs. Fabricio Werdum (246)
Yuri Alcantara (146) vs. Hacran Dias (146)
Preliminary Card (FX):
Rodrigo Damm (146) vs. Anistavio “Gasparzinho” Medeiros (146)
Francisco “Massaranduba” Drinaldo (183) vs. Delson “Pe de Chumbo” Heleno (185)
John “Macapa” Teixeira (150) vs. Hugo “Wolverine” Viana (145)
Leonardo “Macarrao” Mafra Teixeira (182) vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo (184)
Preliminary Card (Facebook):
Marcos Vinicius “Vina” Borges Pancini (146) vs. Wagner “Galeto” Campos (145)
Felipe Arantes (146) vs. Milton Vieira (146)