- Lyoto Machida: I Try To Remove All Pressure & Emotion From My Fights
- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Tarec Saffiedine Wants Any Top Welterweight Next
Fresh off his epic five round war with Hyun Gyu Lym at UFC Fight Night 34 this weekend, former Strikeforce champion Tarec Saffiedine is ready to take on the top fighters in the UFC’s welterweight division.
Saffiedine won an unanimous decision over Lym this weekend. “Sponge” uses his powerful leg kicks to chop down the tough Korean, before surviving a late onslaught from his opponent in the fifth round.
The UFC’s first Belgian fighter now has his first win in the octagon and he is hungry for his second. Saffiedine appeared yesterday on The MMA Hour, while on the show he gave his view on where he currently stands in the welterweight division.
“I believe I’m back in the top ten. I believe so… I hope.” Saffiedine said. ” I can’t wait to fight anybody in the top five or top ten”
Saffiedine was originally expected to fight Jake Ellenberger at the event, but Lym filled in when “The Juggernaut” dropped out. When asked by the shows host, Ariel Helwani, if he was interested in anyone next? “Sponge” chucked out a few top names.
“Talking about exciting matchup’s, exciting fights for the fans. I think a couple of names ring my bell. Martin Kampmann, obviously Jake Ellenburger. (They) would all be exciting matchup’s.”
“Also, maybe the winner of Condit vs. Woodley. Those guys would be a great fight for the fans.”
Saffiedine has previously fought Woodley in Strikeforce, back at the start of 2011. Saffiedine lost that fight but would like to get another shot at Woodley. “Sponge” thinks both fighters have changed since their first meeting.
“Ahh, if he would why not? Yeah.” Saffiedine said. “Yeah, I’m a total different fighter. I’ve been improving. He’s also a total different fighter. You know, I believe we would put on a good fight.”
One other fight which could be a possibility for Saffiedine would be Matt Brown, who is currently returning from an injury. Saffiedine says Brown is another exciting fighter who he would like to fight.
“Yeah. I think so too. Matt Brown has looked really good lately, he’s a great fighter. He’s exciting. Yeah, I agree.”
Personally, I feel like Saffiedine vs. Brown would be the best fight the UFC could put together and the most exciting fight of the bunch. Who do you think Saffiedine matches up best with? Where do you rank him among the divisions elite?