- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Tarec Saffiedine Talks Robbie Lawler: I’m The Technically Better Striker
When we last saw Tarec Saffiedine in action he was beating a very game opponent in Nate Marquardt at Strikeforce‘s final event in January. ‘Sponge’ put a sound beating on the UFC veteran over five rounds to claim the Strikeforce Welterweight strap. The impressive performance earned the Belgian a spot on the UFC‘s WW roster. Who better to face in his promotional debut than ‘Ruthless’ Robbie Lawler.
Upon rejoining the UFC, Robbie Lawler knocked the blond off of Josh Koscheck at UFC 157. The fight showed that there is still a lot of fight left in the 20-9 MMA veteran and also that his stand up is still notoriously savage. His upcoming opponent Saffiedine feels he may have the edge in the stand up, according to his recent interview via MMAMania:
“He’s known for his power. Even when he fought at 170 (pounds) he was heavy-handed. His wrestling is not bad and his ground is not bad. I believe he is going to try to stand on his feet and try to look for the knockout and I’m going to do what I’m used to doing, work on my striking. I believe technically on the feet I am better. I am going to keep it the way I want it to be fought, standing if I need to. Do what I have to do, I believe in my skills so, it will go my way.”
The two men are set to go to battle on July 27th at UFC on Fox 8 in what could be a hell of a stand up war. Will it be the technical, precise Saffiedine, or the knockout artist Lawler that gets the victory in this one? Stay tuned to Lowkick!