- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
Tarec Saffiedine Talks Robbie Lawler: I’m The Technically Better Striker
When we last saw Tarec Saffiedine in action he was beating a very game opponent in Nate Marquardt at Strikeforce‘s final event in January. ‘Sponge’ put a sound beating on the UFC veteran over five rounds to claim the Strikeforce Welterweight strap. The impressive performance earned the Belgian a spot on the UFC‘s WW roster. Who better to face in his promotional debut than ‘Ruthless’ Robbie Lawler.
Upon rejoining the UFC, Robbie Lawler knocked the blond off of Josh Koscheck at UFC 157. The fight showed that there is still a lot of fight left in the 20-9 MMA veteran and also that his stand up is still notoriously savage. His upcoming opponent Saffiedine feels he may have the edge in the stand up, according to his recent interview via MMAMania:
“He’s known for his power. Even when he fought at 170 (pounds) he was heavy-handed. His wrestling is not bad and his ground is not bad. I believe he is going to try to stand on his feet and try to look for the knockout and I’m going to do what I’m used to doing, work on my striking. I believe technically on the feet I am better. I am going to keep it the way I want it to be fought, standing if I need to. Do what I have to do, I believe in my skills so, it will go my way.”
The two men are set to go to battle on July 27th at UFC on Fox 8 in what could be a hell of a stand up war. Will it be the technical, precise Saffiedine, or the knockout artist Lawler that gets the victory in this one? Stay tuned to Lowkick!