- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Tarec Saffiedine slated to fight Robbie Lawler at UFC on FOX 8
It appears that UFC on FOX 8 from Seattle is going to cause quite the shake-up in the UFC Welterweight division. Yesterday it was announced that Jake Ellenberger will square off against Rory MacDonald in a bout of top contenders. Today, news comes from MMA Junkie that former Strikeforce Champion Tarec Saffiedine will make his UFC debut against vaunted striker Robbie Lawler at the same event.
Both fighters come into the bout with momentum on their side, so it should be a good gauge for how ready they are to contend in the talented UFC 170 lb. pool. Saffiedine was last seen battering Nate Marquardt’s legs into a bloody mess, winning the Strikeforce Championship at their last event ever. Lawler made a very successful return to the UFC when he destroyed former title challenger Josh Koscheck with a first round TKO at UFC 157.
Now the two will clash at the Key Arena on July 27th, and the bout should promise to add more fireworks to growing event. Both fighters are extremely proficient strikers, although possessing two different styles. Lawler of course loves to stand and brawl, throwing power punches with great KO ability. Saffiedine is a more methodical, precise striker who uses great kickboxing to pick his opponents apart.
The Strikeforce imports are beginning to make waves in the UFC, and their impact will truly be judged at the April 20th UFC on FOX 7 when Gilbert Melendez challenges Ben Henderson for the UFC Lightweight title, and Daniel Cormier makes his UFC debut against Frank Mir. Later this summer, Tarec Saffiedine will now have his chance to make his own impact. More on UFC on FOX 8 from Seattle will follow as it is released.