- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets Tweet’s Salary x 15
- Ronda Rousey Wants To Fight Bethe Correia in Brazil
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
Tarec Saffiedine slated to fight Robbie Lawler at UFC on FOX 8
It appears that UFC on FOX 8 from Seattle is going to cause quite the shake-up in the UFC Welterweight division. Yesterday it was announced that Jake Ellenberger will square off against Rory MacDonald in a bout of top contenders. Today, news comes from MMA Junkie that former Strikeforce Champion Tarec Saffiedine will make his UFC debut against vaunted striker Robbie Lawler at the same event.
Both fighters come into the bout with momentum on their side, so it should be a good gauge for how ready they are to contend in the talented UFC 170 lb. pool. Saffiedine was last seen battering Nate Marquardt’s legs into a bloody mess, winning the Strikeforce Championship at their last event ever. Lawler made a very successful return to the UFC when he destroyed former title challenger Josh Koscheck with a first round TKO at UFC 157.
Now the two will clash at the Key Arena on July 27th, and the bout should promise to add more fireworks to growing event. Both fighters are extremely proficient strikers, although possessing two different styles. Lawler of course loves to stand and brawl, throwing power punches with great KO ability. Saffiedine is a more methodical, precise striker who uses great kickboxing to pick his opponents apart.
The Strikeforce imports are beginning to make waves in the UFC, and their impact will truly be judged at the April 20th UFC on FOX 7 when Gilbert Melendez challenges Ben Henderson for the UFC Lightweight title, and Daniel Cormier makes his UFC debut against Frank Mir. Later this summer, Tarec Saffiedine will now have his chance to make his own impact. More on UFC on FOX 8 from Seattle will follow as it is released.