- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Albuquerque Police Pursuing Felony Arrest Warrant For Jon Jones
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
“Takedown: The DNA of GSP” Chronicles St. Pierre’s Return from Knee Surgery
UFC Welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre has gone through a whirlwind of emotions in the midst of much controversy and speculation surrounding his proposed time off following UFC 167.
But that won’t stop a new movie about him from being released. St. Pierre released a trailer of his new flick on his official YouTube page today.
“Takedown: The DNA of GSP” will come out in theaters next year. The film chronicles the champion’s highly documented return from debilitating knee surgery in 2011to his hyped fight with Nick Diaz at UFC 158. The movie is from the same producers as acclaimed nature series “Planet Earth,” so the production quality will most likely be top-notch.
However, it looks like the movie is focused on the rivalry between GSP and Nick Diaz that simply didn’t deliver. While the fight was possibly one of the most hyped bouts thanks to the endless trash talk of Diaz, in the end it was the elder Stockton brother who may have sold us the “Wolf Tickets.”
Diaz couldn’t do much against St. Pierre and was predictably taken down and rode out for a five full rounds en route to another one-sided decision for GSP.
While many fight fans expected that outcome, the fact remains that it was built up to a point where living up to the insane amount of hype was nearly impossible.
But the movie should still be an excellent watch. With all the rumors of GSP’s retirement swirling, does it make you want to watch St. Pierre’s new film more or less?
Check out the trailer for “Takedown: The DNA of GSP:”