- Phil Davis vs Ryan Bader Official For UFC On FOX 14
- Who Will Be UFC Bantamweight Champion At The End Of 2015?
- UFC 181 Extended Video Preview
- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Stefan Struve shares his brutal X-rays on Twitter
At last night’s UFC on Fuel TV 8, Heavyweight Stefan Struve clearly held an advantage over Mark Hunt on the ground, His mistake was standing with him for too long. On the wrong end of a huge knockout punch from the surging Hunt, Struve’s 4-fight winning streak was broken along with his jaw. He tweeted a photo of his x-ray, which clearly shows a large vertical break through the front of his jaw.
Struve had been finishing fights as of late, but Hunt’s striking was just too much for the young 7-footer. It looked like Struve might submit Hunt after scoring big points with a sweep and ground-and-pound, but in the third round, both fighters gassed. That led to the late surge by The Super Samoan, who could come to the octagon in better shape for sure.
If Hunt accomplished that, would he actually be a legitimate threat at the UFC Heavyweight title? As a huge fan of the old Pride days, it’s fun just to be able to have that conversation. However, if Hunt got mounted by Struve, Cain Velasquez would most likely present some serious problems for him. Let me know what you think.