- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
- Clay Guida vs. Robbie Peralta & Justin Jones vs. Ron Stallings Added To UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC Pay-Per-View Price Increase Is Now Permanent
- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
Stefan Struve shares his brutal X-rays on Twitter
At last night’s UFC on Fuel TV 8, Heavyweight Stefan Struve clearly held an advantage over Mark Hunt on the ground, His mistake was standing with him for too long. On the wrong end of a huge knockout punch from the surging Hunt, Struve’s 4-fight winning streak was broken along with his jaw. He tweeted a photo of his x-ray, which clearly shows a large vertical break through the front of his jaw.
Struve had been finishing fights as of late, but Hunt’s striking was just too much for the young 7-footer. It looked like Struve might submit Hunt after scoring big points with a sweep and ground-and-pound, but in the third round, both fighters gassed. That led to the late surge by The Super Samoan, who could come to the octagon in better shape for sure.
If Hunt accomplished that, would he actually be a legitimate threat at the UFC Heavyweight title? As a huge fan of the old Pride days, it’s fun just to be able to have that conversation. However, if Hunt got mounted by Struve, Cain Velasquez would most likely present some serious problems for him. Let me know what you think.