- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Stefan Struve shares his brutal X-rays on Twitter
At last night’s UFC on Fuel TV 8, Heavyweight Stefan Struve clearly held an advantage over Mark Hunt on the ground, His mistake was standing with him for too long. On the wrong end of a huge knockout punch from the surging Hunt, Struve’s 4-fight winning streak was broken along with his jaw. He tweeted a photo of his x-ray, which clearly shows a large vertical break through the front of his jaw.
Struve had been finishing fights as of late, but Hunt’s striking was just too much for the young 7-footer. It looked like Struve might submit Hunt after scoring big points with a sweep and ground-and-pound, but in the third round, both fighters gassed. That led to the late surge by The Super Samoan, who could come to the octagon in better shape for sure.
If Hunt accomplished that, would he actually be a legitimate threat at the UFC Heavyweight title? As a huge fan of the old Pride days, it’s fun just to be able to have that conversation. However, if Hunt got mounted by Struve, Cain Velasquez would most likely present some serious problems for him. Let me know what you think.