- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Stefan Struve Talks Anticipated UFC 175 Comeback
UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve will make his long awaited return to the Octagon this weekend against Matt Mitrione after nearly fifteen months on the sidelines recovering from a severe heart condition.
Following his setback to Mark Hunt at UFC on Fuel TV 8, Struve was diagnosed with having a leaking aortic valve as well as an enlarged heart. With the diagnosis, “Skyscraper” was told he would never fight again.
However, the 26-year old wouldn’t take no for an answer and did everything he could to fight again. Struve began taking tablets to reduce his blood pressure and received some positive feedback after just a couple of months on the medication; his condition was improving.
Now, ten months after his initial diagnosis, Struve is ready to test himself inside the Octagon again and will start with “Meathhead” on July 5.
Check out the video of the Dutchman below as he tells the story of his comeback to the Octagon. Video courtesy of UFC on FOX’s official YouTube page: