- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
- Diego Sanchez And Norman Parke Heating Things Up
- Rin Nakai: Tate Is Beautiful And Sexy
- Should Conor McGregor Get Title Shot With Win Over “Diamond”?
- Fedor Emelianenko Has No Regrets
- Frank Mir: I Really Don’t Know If I’ll Return
- UFC Rankings Update: Andrei Arlovski Storms Into Top 10
- Tate Looking For Rematch With Zingano With Win Over Nakai
- Alistair Overeem Welcomes All Comers For Next Opponent
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Wants Title, Picks Cerrone Over Alvarez
Stefan Struve Talks Anticipated UFC 175 Comeback
UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve will make his long awaited return to the Octagon this weekend against Matt Mitrione after nearly fifteen months on the sidelines recovering from a severe heart condition.
Following his setback to Mark Hunt at UFC on Fuel TV 8, Struve was diagnosed with having a leaking aortic valve as well as an enlarged heart. With the diagnosis, “Skyscraper” was told he would never fight again.
However, the 26-year old wouldn’t take no for an answer and did everything he could to fight again. Struve began taking tablets to reduce his blood pressure and received some positive feedback after just a couple of months on the medication; his condition was improving.
Now, ten months after his initial diagnosis, Struve is ready to test himself inside the Octagon again and will start with “Meathhead” on July 5.
Check out the video of the Dutchman below as he tells the story of his comeback to the Octagon. Video courtesy of UFC on FOX’s official YouTube page: