- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
Stefan Struve Talks Anticipated UFC 175 Comeback
UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve will make his long awaited return to the Octagon this weekend against Matt Mitrione after nearly fifteen months on the sidelines recovering from a severe heart condition.
Following his setback to Mark Hunt at UFC on Fuel TV 8, Struve was diagnosed with having a leaking aortic valve as well as an enlarged heart. With the diagnosis, “Skyscraper” was told he would never fight again.
However, the 26-year old wouldn’t take no for an answer and did everything he could to fight again. Struve began taking tablets to reduce his blood pressure and received some positive feedback after just a couple of months on the medication; his condition was improving.
Now, ten months after his initial diagnosis, Struve is ready to test himself inside the Octagon again and will start with “Meathhead” on July 5.
Check out the video of the Dutchman below as he tells the story of his comeback to the Octagon. Video courtesy of UFC on FOX’s official YouTube page: