- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 2
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva Open Workout Highlights & Media Scrum
- Lorenzo Fertitta Guarantees CM Punk’s First Opponent Will Be ‘Competitive’
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Patrick Cummins Added To UFC on FOX 15
- Update: Nick Diaz No-Shows UFC 183 Open Workouts, But Is Now In Las Vegas
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson Targeted For May
Stefan Struve Talks Anticipated UFC 175 Comeback
UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve will make his long awaited return to the Octagon this weekend against Matt Mitrione after nearly fifteen months on the sidelines recovering from a severe heart condition.
Following his setback to Mark Hunt at UFC on Fuel TV 8, Struve was diagnosed with having a leaking aortic valve as well as an enlarged heart. With the diagnosis, “Skyscraper” was told he would never fight again.
However, the 26-year old wouldn’t take no for an answer and did everything he could to fight again. Struve began taking tablets to reduce his blood pressure and received some positive feedback after just a couple of months on the medication; his condition was improving.
Now, ten months after his initial diagnosis, Struve is ready to test himself inside the Octagon again and will start with “Meathhead” on July 5.
Check out the video of the Dutchman below as he tells the story of his comeback to the Octagon. Video courtesy of UFC on FOX’s official YouTube page: