- Joe Rogan’s Ultimate 8 Jose Aldo Moments
- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Stefan Struve Talks Anticipated UFC 175 Comeback
UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve will make his long awaited return to the Octagon this weekend against Matt Mitrione after nearly fifteen months on the sidelines recovering from a severe heart condition.
Following his setback to Mark Hunt at UFC on Fuel TV 8, Struve was diagnosed with having a leaking aortic valve as well as an enlarged heart. With the diagnosis, “Skyscraper” was told he would never fight again.
However, the 26-year old wouldn’t take no for an answer and did everything he could to fight again. Struve began taking tablets to reduce his blood pressure and received some positive feedback after just a couple of months on the medication; his condition was improving.
Now, ten months after his initial diagnosis, Struve is ready to test himself inside the Octagon again and will start with “Meathhead” on July 5.
Check out the video of the Dutchman below as he tells the story of his comeback to the Octagon. Video courtesy of UFC on FOX’s official YouTube page: