- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
Stefan Struve Talks Anticipated UFC 175 Comeback
UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve will make his long awaited return to the Octagon this weekend against Matt Mitrione after nearly fifteen months on the sidelines recovering from a severe heart condition.
Following his setback to Mark Hunt at UFC on Fuel TV 8, Struve was diagnosed with having a leaking aortic valve as well as an enlarged heart. With the diagnosis, “Skyscraper” was told he would never fight again.
However, the 26-year old wouldn’t take no for an answer and did everything he could to fight again. Struve began taking tablets to reduce his blood pressure and received some positive feedback after just a couple of months on the medication; his condition was improving.
Now, ten months after his initial diagnosis, Struve is ready to test himself inside the Octagon again and will start with “Meathhead” on July 5.
Check out the video of the Dutchman below as he tells the story of his comeback to the Octagon. Video courtesy of UFC on FOX’s official YouTube page: