- Lewis vs. Jordan, Jouban vs. Ebersole Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 68
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
- Photos: CM Punk’s First ‘MMA Fight Scrimmage’ At Roufusport
- Burt Watson Confirms Resignation From UFC After 14 Years
- UFC 185 Free Fight: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
Stefan Struve Talks Anticipated UFC 175 Comeback
UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve will make his long awaited return to the Octagon this weekend against Matt Mitrione after nearly fifteen months on the sidelines recovering from a severe heart condition.
Following his setback to Mark Hunt at UFC on Fuel TV 8, Struve was diagnosed with having a leaking aortic valve as well as an enlarged heart. With the diagnosis, “Skyscraper” was told he would never fight again.
However, the 26-year old wouldn’t take no for an answer and did everything he could to fight again. Struve began taking tablets to reduce his blood pressure and received some positive feedback after just a couple of months on the medication; his condition was improving.
Now, ten months after his initial diagnosis, Struve is ready to test himself inside the Octagon again and will start with “Meathhead” on July 5.
Check out the video of the Dutchman below as he tells the story of his comeback to the Octagon. Video courtesy of UFC on FOX’s official YouTube page: