- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Sonnen & Florian Predictions: UFC On FOX 8
UFC on FOX 8 takes to the airwaves this weekend and with it a host of great fights.
In analyzing the card, “UFC Tonight” co-anchors Chael Sonnen and Kenny Florian give their insight and predictions, for the top 3 bouts on the card.
In the first of their predictions (#9 Robbie Lawler vs. Bobby Voelker) the pair picked the 170 pound Lawler and for the most part, due to his last fight and dominance over Josh Koscheck (TKO R1) and the fact that Voelker is taking the fight on short-notice.
In looking at #3 Rory MacDonald vs. #4 Jake Ellenberger, the duo split their votes on the welterweight bout, with Sonnen taking Ellenberger and Florian taking MacDonald. Sonnen conceded that “Ares” is “better”, but believes “The Juggernaut” is the better at “what he does” and will carry the day. Florian on the other hand feels that MacDonald is the “rangier” fighter and will keep the fight at distanceand take the bout.
In the main card bout featuring 125 pound champion Demetrious Johnson and #4 John Moraga, the duo were once again were in alignment with both picking Johnson to retain his title. The consensus feeling being, that “Mighty Mouse” sets too high a pace and that Moraga will not be able to retain his reach advantage for 25 minutes.